Hansons are outstanding in Todd County
SEND US A MESSAGE
by Karin L. Nauber
Dale and Diane Hanson would tell you that they don’t really deserve the title of Todd County Outstanding Senior Citizens.
They would tell you that they don’t do much and that there are certainly others in the county who do more volunteering than they do.
But these two individuals do many things together and apart to help others in Todd County lead better lives through their volunteer efforts.
The list of things that these two do is quite long.
For Dale it includes (current and former activities):
• Taught computer literacy to seniors for four years.
• Serves on the senior citizen board in Clarissa.
• Provides handyman services to the senior center and museum in Clarissa.
• Makes up the flyers for the monthly meals at the senior center along with any special events at the center or museum.
• Delivering Meals on Wheels for the past 15 years in the Clarissa area.
“I do it because my mother received Meals on Wheels when she was older. This is payback and I just keep on doing it,” said Dale. . . .