Mobile home destroyed by fire
On Tuesday, February 23, at approximately 8:54 a.m., the Wadena County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a structure fire in Section 32 of Meadow Township. The caller stated everyone was out of the house.
When emergency personnel arrived, they found a mobile home fully engulfed in flames. There was a propane tank on the north side of the house that emergency personnel was able to turn off. It was also learned that there were several oxygen tanks inside the residence.
Members of the Sebeka Fire Department, Menahga Fire Department, and the Wadena Fire Department fought the fire for a period of time and were able to extinguish it. Unfortunately, the mobile home was a complete loss. No one was injured in the fire.
The Wadena County Sheriff’s Office was assisted on scene by the Sebeka Fire Department, Menahga Fire Department, Wadena Fire Department, Tri-County Ambulance, and the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
This case is pending investigation with the Wadena County Sheriff’s Office and the State Fire Marshal’s Office.