A Matter of Perspective
Okay. It is time for a little confession.
I am NOT a morning person.
I’m getting better at it, but I still have not mastered the skill of “liking” mornings.
Let me explain.
It isn’t that I don’t like mornings—I do. There are a lot of great things about morning that can’t be matched by any other part of the day—like sun rises and quiet.
What I don’t like is the fact that I have to wake up!
I was reading an article the other day about ways to make morning a better part of the day. I thought the ideas were pretty good, so I am sharing it with you.
This information comes from a 2017 article on time.com and is called, Ten changes to your morning routine that will transform your entire day written by Caroline Praderio.
1. Go for a quick walk. That will get the blood pumping!
2. Make your bed.
3. Drink water. Keeping hydrated is essential to your overall health and wellness (physical and mental).
4. Read a book. Bill Gates reportedly reads one book a week.
5. Write down “three good things.” Some people I know refer to this as writing in their “grateful journal.” They just write down the things they are grateful for.
6. Get some caffeine. See? It isn’t all bad! Just don’t overdo it. About 400 mg of caffeine is the max amount you should drink in a day.
7. Do a tiny task that you would otherwise dread all day. If you have something that you hate doing, get it over with right away and start your day the happier way!
I love this quote: “If the first thing you do each morning is to eat a live frog, you can go through the day with the satisfaction of knowing that it is probably the worst thing that is going to happen to you all day long.” So go ahead and eat that frog.
8. Clear your mind. I am not one to get into meditation, but the health benefits of it are real and scientifically proven, so meditate away!
9. Plan out your goals for the day. Make the goals specific and achievable.
10. Talk to someone you love. There is probably no better way to start your day.
I don’t know if these will help make me “like” mornings better or not, but they will probably help me enjoy the rest of my day a whole lot more!
I am back on insulin and another injectable. I have seen some changes in my numbers although they are still running in the 200s. I have also been working on what I’ve been eating. I also began a workout routine that should help keep me in better spirits and maybe help me lose a few pounds, too.
Camp NaNoWriMo Update
I am not writing as much as I should be, but I am getting some of my daily words out of the way. I need to write about 2100 words a day at this point to get my 50,000 words done by July 31. I am happy with the ones I have written so far, so that’s a plus.
Maybe I should write in the morning? Hmmmm.... I’ll have to give that some thought.